Saturday 19 January 2013

Rebirth of the kurta in my wardrobe :)

We all have a few trusted staples in our wardrobe that we rush to in times of emergency. The pieces that we can grab with our eyes closed and put on with our hands tied. There is something about familiarity that brings comfort and confidence...even with our clothes. For the longest time the kurta/kurti has been that 'go to' piece of clothing for me, wear it with a churidar or with jeans and you cant go wrong. I overdid this staple so much that I had to ban it from my closet, but we cant stay away from our staples for long can we? So it is back, but this time around I realised that with a little more attention to details even the kurta can look fab, it does have a lot of styling potential so lets not take it for granted...
If the kurta is your staple too..this post is for you...it will help you look at the kurta in a totally new and glam way :)














      THANKS FOR STOPPING BY..DO EAVE YOUR COMMENTS..I LOVE READING THEM..
       FOR REGULAR POST UPDATES AND MUCH MUCH MORE JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
                                            http://www.facebook.com/lookingood.feelingfab.9
                                                         ALSO ON TWITTER NOW
                                                        https://twitter.com/lookingoodfeel       @lookingoodfeel

25 comments:

  1. wow!! how glamorous! you totally rocked the kurta. I liked both your before and after pics. it's really pretty on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u...thanks for always stopping by n leaving ur lovely comment for me :)

      Delete
  2. really liked how you have accessoried and change look. Your eyes look beautiful in 5th pic

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liked the stack bangles and the jootis. But not sure whether I can carry off a bindi as big as urs.. you look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if u have a big forehead im sure u can carry it off...n if not even in a smaller size the bindi looks great...try it...n send me pics :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pics Abhi....LOved every thing about the pics <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u so much for all ur compliments...means a lot to me :)

      Delete
  6. Those bracelets are beautiful...

    http://jennysbicycle.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love Kurtas. The length is the most flattering for every shape, and really can be dressed up or down with jeans, leather pants, or a skirt. You look beautiful with the jewelry and the bindi. Gorgeous!


    Zahra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zahra...hope ur doing good..
      yes I agree...n im learning to love the kurta again

      Delete
  8. Hi Abhi. Thanks for dropping by at my blog. We certainly have a lot in common . Oh and the GFC Widget is right below the weight loss ticker.
    I like your blog and its on my reading list since a long time. Would love to see some more fitness related posts

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness, you look beyond stunning. Adore this outfit. Fabulous post, love. If you get a second, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG This dress or blouse its amazing! I love it, the colours, especially the emerald green, I have a crush w this colour right now. I think it looks great w the jeans, I think you can have a lot of possibilities w this dress


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you look so pretty! I wish this style were more popular in the US. I used to have a beautiful sari that I loved wearing but whenever I did people looked at me like I was nuts. Which, granted is a pretty common occurrence for me, but I don't really get it. They're so beautiful, so what if I'm not showing square footage of skin! I really love the styles of India... they seem very pretty and elegant without being trashy. A lot of Americans could really take a lesson from that.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the necklace n bindi makes it d most amazing of all.
    cheers!
    kunj
    kohllined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loove the twist you've given to it! You wear it really well!! Let me know when you come to Windsor Avenue next or we can meet up in KP or something :) I'm in Pune for a while now
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow nice i like ur post ur post is so interesting thanx dear share the good post....
    kurta

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10