Thursday 11 April 2013

Raw Chia Seed Dessert: Dessert everyday!!

Raw chia seed (sabja seed) dessert..
You know what I miss most about being a kid...its all the reckless eating I indulged in.
French fries, samosas, vada pav's, maggi, pastries, ice creams and desserts. Calories, diet, weight, cellulite, figure...these were all unfamiliar words for me..they did not exist in my vocabulary.

Sigh...gone are those days, my days now involve calorie counting, calorie burning, researching the latest diets and resisting the delicious world of desserts...
But would you believe it, if I said I have been eating DESSERT EVERYDAY!!
Yup healthy and delicious dessert everyday..
My favorite dessert as a kid was "fruit cream" and imagine my delight when I discovered this awesome healthy cheat to cream pudding..
It is not just healthy and delicious it is also RAW!! can it get better...just try eating it..I know you will love it.
So here is my raw dessert recipe with chia seeds.
Ingredients:
1. Almond milk
2. Agave syrup
3. Chia seeds
4. Water
5. Mangoes
6. Strawberries
7. Grapes
8. Mulberries...any fruits of your choice
9. Dates chopped
chia seed 2 Method:
1. Soak chia seeds in water for 5 mins. They will swell up and will give jelly like mouth feel.
2. Mix chia seeds, fruits and almond milk together.
3. A teaspoon of agave syrup.
4. Enjoy your raw chia seed dessert!!

chia seed 4 Here are some of the health benefits of chia seeds:
1. Add healthy omega-3 oil to your diet. Chia seed is the richest plant source of omega 3.
2. Chia seed is known to keep a healthy balance of blood sugar in the body.
3. Chia seed when soaked in water and eaten has a filling effect due to the water absorbed. It keeps
    you from getting hungry often and hence helps in weight loss.
4. They have age defying anti-oxidants. Chia seeds fight free radical damage.
5. By weight, chia has more calcium than whole milk. It also has magnesium and boron, essential   trace minerals used in the absorption of calcium and other vitamins.

Also make sure you watch this MUST WATCH Dr. OZ VIDEO on the benefits of chia seeds..
Chia seed might just change your life!!

      

chia seed recipe 3 chia seed raw recipe

Do leave your comments below and dont forget to follow on
 TWITTER 

6 comments:

  1. sounds interesting and looks delicious... I have never heard of chia seed.. may be I am a junky and stay away from healthy things thats why...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to eat it, like now :)

    jennysbicycle.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some awesome post. That looks yummmmm.
    Check out my new post http://memypendown.blogspot.in/2013/04/summer-y-casuals.html
    much love. x

    http://memypendown.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cant wait to try it :D The pix came out great :D
    xoxo <3

    www.littlemisssinner.com
    www.youtube.com/MsShanayaSinner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to try Chia recently. Thanks for showing how easy it can be!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10