Thursday 26 June 2014

Experiments With Meditation & A Westside Kurta



There are some things that we know are inherently good for us, like exercise, reading, meditation and so on. We are aware of the benefits that a consistent practice of any of these things can bring into our lives, their enriching effects have been spoken about for centuries - and yet we never get down to doing them.
Sometimes its laziness, sometimes lack of time, at times its the easier thing to do and yet there are times when our life is just not ready for the new introduction.
Take meditation for example, I have known about it for as long as I can remember, my Grandfather practiced it everyday, without fail, till the day he passed away. Often he would try and initiate me into the practice, I just could not get it and would look for the nearest escape route.
When I grew up, I often heard about meditation and its benefits from some very notable people who had achieved a lot in life. I still could not understand it, how sitting in a room eyes closed, could bring such profound changes in a person and his life.
Moreover I could not keep my eyes shut for even a minute.

IndianFashionBlog

Recently again, everything I read and every thing I researched, led me to meditation, every time. I thought I must try it this time - no excuses, no running away. Surprisingly, I understood it this time around, I understood how this seemingly simple ritual (but really very complex ritual) could help the brain do amazing things. I understood it, yes, but putting it into practice proved to be a whole different challenge.

IndianFashionBlog

I first time, I sat in an erect position, closed my eyes and tried to calm my mind, within a few minutes I was lying down and 5 minutes later I was fast asleep. Yes I fell asleep, me and my meditation experiments became the butt of ridicule and the favourite family joke.

IndianFashionBlog

But the second time was better, I did not fall off to sleep and I felt elevated at the end of it. Its been getting better and better ever since. I do have a long long way to go, there are so many different kinds of meditations, I am a little lost about where to start. I am on a quest now, I have a little taste of meditation ecstasy and I am thirsty for more.

IndianFashionBlog

IndianFashionBlog

IndianFashionBlog

If you meditate and have experimented with the various forms of meditation as a part of your spiritual journey, I would love to know more, maybe you could share your experience with me and help me accelerate towards my goals.
Please Note : The site might be down for a couple of days over the weekend (some changes in the pipeline :)

Kurta : Westside (details here)
Gold Heels : Guess
Belt : Roadside
Ear Rings : Blur Accessories
Ring  : Sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10